No one wants to be at risk for developing Type 2 Diabetes. This research-based, small group Diabetes Prevention Program can help you move the dial from pre-diabetic to healthy in one year. Maybe you aren’t sure if you’re pre-diabetic. The best way to find out is to see your doctor. An A1c test will let you know exactly where you stand. You can also take this screening test to let you know your risk.
This program will help you:
- Learn the facts about being active and healthy eating.
- Learn what makes it hard for you to be active and eat healthy.
- Learn how to change some habits to healthier habits.
- Maintain the long-term support you need to stick with the changes.
Learn and practice new concepts while receiving support during the weekly sessions. Later on, the monthly sessions will reinforce these concepts while you gain independence.
Here is what the year looks like:
- Months 1-4 weekly sessions
- Month 5 two sessions
- Months 6-12 monthly sessions
The group size remains small - eight to twelve people - so everyone has a chance to be heard. You don’t have to wait until January to start. We can begin your group anytime during the year.
Preventing type 2 diabetes is important for you and your family. It may be hard work at the beginning, but well worth it. And you don’t have to do it alone: I will help you every step of the way.